Through an approach based on ethics and integrity, and putting right and wrong over profit and loss, we are striving to ensure thorough compliance, with the aim of building an enterprise trusted by all our stakeholders.
We comply with the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act (Foreign Trade Act) and agreements related to international trade in order to contribute to international peace and safety through export management.
We maintain management systems and internal management regulations, as well as manage export-related tasks with the aim of achieving safer and more secure export management, all while complying with the laws and regulations of each foreign country to which we export. Furthermore, we are constantly on the lookout for opportunities to leverage the knowhow that we have accumulated through our export management as efficiently as possible in import support tasks and audits.
We have put in place independent export management departments consisting of director with representative authority as chief executives of export management. We have also appointed examiners and approvers in each division to examine and approve product/technology decisions, and customers and transactions in their respective divisions.
Export Management System
[Plan] Formulate a Plan for the Fiscal Year
- We plan education and audits based on performance and results of the previous year
[Do] Implement Various Examinations, etc.
- We check for concerns about the customer or purpose in all transactions.
- We determine whether any products or technology to be exported are subject to legal restrictions.
- We correctly obtain permits, etc. in line with the results of examination of transaction details and transaction targets.
[Check] Identify Problems and Their Causes
- We regularly carry out audits to confirm conformity with laws and internal regulations concerning exports.
- Upon discovering an event that could lead to an export management incident or grounds for confusion in decision making in terms of only laws and regulations, we investigate the cause, consider necessary measures to avoid risk, and take improvement and corrective actions.
- We provide education on export management to employees in response to the circumstances and considering their knowledge, experience, and field, in line with the latest laws and regulations, in order to increase awareness of export management and prevent incidents.
- We are developing infrastructure such as by making a database of information on determining applicability and making an electronic system for internal processes.
- We are improving business management through proactive participation in external organizations’ events related to security export controls, obtaining the latest information and ascertaining industry trends at an early stage and conveying them in the company and throughout the Group, and revising internal regulations when necessary.
- We are working hard to have the opinions of private enterprises and industry reflected in laws and regulations.
Outline of Export Management Activities
Results of Activities in FY2019
- Education on export management provided in the company and Group companies in Japan (more than 800 participants)
- Audits of export management implemented at 14 sites in the company and throughout the Group worldwide
We have established an import management system in order to effect thorough compliance with domestic laws relating to the regulation of imports. Specifically, we have established internal regulations relating to import transactions, and made it clear that our legal research procedures include confirming whether the articles to be imported are regulated by domestic laws before import occurs. If they are regulated, ensuring that steps to ensure compliance are thoroughly implemented.
We provide on-site assistance for import-related tasks and conduct compliance management in order to be able to exhaustively apply for all permissions and approvals, etc. required by law.
Results of Activities in FY2019
- Education to maintain awareness of compliance in import management provided in the company and Group companies in Japan (more than 200 participants)
- Consultation on legal research and compliance provided concerning direct import transactions
- Audits of compliance with import management laws implemented in the company and at three sites in Group companies in Japan