Skip to main content


High-Tech Channel Hitachi High-Tech GLOBAL

Very precise unit strongly associated with food culture

Base data: volume.
Unit used in the United Kingdom and United States. Equal to 11/3 of US fluid drams, 4.9 ml

Used mainly for cooking and making cocktails

In the United Kingdom, there is a unit called “teaspoonful” which is used in cooking. In addition, a “bar measure” is a unit used when making cocktails and there are even more precise units such as “drop”, “dash”, and “barspoon”. Culture’s an interesting thing, isn’t it?