Skip to main content
||VLC Photonics S.L.
||Building 9B (East entrance),
Office 0.71 Universidad Politecnica de Valencia (access I) Camino de Vera s/n – 46022,
Valencia – Spain
under Hitachi Group company since Oct.2020
|Number of Employees
||19 (as of Jul.2022)
VLC Photonics S.L.
- Photonic Integration Consultancy
- PIC Design
- PIC Characterization and Test
- PIC Packaging
- PIC Manufacturing
- Foundry Process Design Kits
- PIC Design and Characterization trainings
VLC Photonics offers Photonics Integrated Circuit(PIC) development service.
With extensive industrial and academic experience, from different fields like:
- Bio Photonics
VLC Photonics is a fabless company offering different solutions exploiting the advantages of PIC.
We are able to provide either turn-key solutions making use of photonic integration or specific services along the whole development process depending on customer needs.
With the wide network of Hitachi group, VLC Photonics offers the solution from prototype to volume production.
(New) Wafer Level Testing with edge coupling
- Automated wafer level testing tool in clean-room environment
- System adopted for Edge Coupling via on-wafer structures
- Use of optical coupling system with fibers and fiber arrays
- 2 optical probes, allowing for single fiber or fiber arrays
(no hard limit in terms of fiber array size or SMF vs. PMF)
- Up to 2 electrical DC probes and 2 electrical RF probes*
*160 & 250 um pitch, GS/GSG/coplanar configuration
- Thermally controlled chuck for single dies and wafers of 3'' to 12”
(New) High-Speed RF Characterization
To be installed new equipment
- N4372E Lightwave Component Analyzer is available at VLC Photonics
- Opto-Electric S-parameter measurement up to 110GHz
- Traceable S21 measurement across the entire CWDM wavelength range,1260nm to 1620nm
- Available for E/O, O/E, O/O, E/E Test
- Measurement Capabilities
Responsivity (S21, amplitude and phase), Reflectivity (S11, S22 amplitude and phase)
- Adoptable to Wafer Level Testing (Under development)