Advanced Mineral Identification and Characterization System (AMICS)
The Advanced Mineral Identification and Characterization System (AMICS) is the latest software package for automated identification and quantification of minerals and synthetic phases. The core of this software package is its innovative imaging and analysis capabilities. It enables Bruker's QUANTAX energy dispersive X-ray spectrometry (EDS) systems on Hitachi scanning electron microscopes (SEM) to become a fully automated Mineral Liberation Analyzer (MLA).
The AMICS software is a forward-thinking quantitative analysis system. Its versatility makes it ideal for use in both earth and materials science research and industry applications. It was developed by the highly qualified and experienced development team lead by Dr. Ying Gu, who invented the MLA in the 1990s.
- Measurements based on backscattered-electron (BSE) image
- Advanced image analysis provides unmatched particle/grain/phase segmentation, mineral boundary identification, and particle separation
- Innovative and unique segmentation, X-ray selection, and mineral identification technology afford industry-leading analysis speed
- Comprehensive databases (2000 minerals) for quick and easy mineral identification
- Multi-sample autonomous measurements