Hitachi High-Tech Group's Initiatives for the SDGs
The Hitachi High-Tech Group has defined Materiality, taking into account the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which establish targets to be achieved and common rules for international society, for the purpose of clarifying how the Group can be of use in the world and what kind of social issues it can solve by leveraging its business characteristics and business models. Under the 2024 Mid-term Management Plan, Hitachi High-Tech Group sets specific action plans in each business and operation with recognizing value provided to society and environment. Linkage to five themes of materiality in mind, Hitachi High-Tech Group will develop business activities.
Based on this Materiality, we will proactively play a role in achieving the SDGs by promoting CSR efforts, and increasing the value we provide to society to the maximum.
The Hitachi High-Tech Group will proactively contribute to the achievement of the SDGs through the following specific actions.
Goal 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Initiatives to achieve carbon neutrality at our sites by environmental investments, use of renewable energy , etc.
- Curbing electricity consumption, water consumption, and waste volume generated by enhancing production efficiency
- Provide equipment, solution and service to reduce CO2 throughout the value chain, including Scope 3 emissions and our customers’ contribution to CO2 reduction.
- Develop and provide solutions and services that contribute to resource recycling
Goal 3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Provide automated clinical chemistry and immunodiagnostic analyzers that will contribute to expanded access to preventive medicine
- Provide dedicated analyzers that detect hazardous substances to water, food and the human body
Goal 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Sell components for optical communications that are the foundation of the telecommunications infrastructure
- Provide solution services that enable high-efficient productivity
Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Promote science education support activities using tabletop electron microscopes
Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Ensure the safety of products and firmly instill CSR in the supply chain
Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
- Improve corporate governance by increasing the effectiveness of Group Companies' Board of Directors
Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Create an organization where diverse human resources can actively participate and thrive, thereby leading to innovation
Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Establish accident-free workplaces and enhance mental healthcare