Scanning Probe Microscopes (SPM/AFM)
Hitachi AFM will prove useful at any stage
View by applications
Automation / Ease of use
High accuracy / High resolution
- High-accuracy measurements of slanted surfaces with a steep slope
- High-accuracy measurements without damaging samples
- High-resolution measurements in a vacuum
- Stable and accurate measurements during sample heating and cooling
- High-accuracy topography measurements
- High-sensitivity MFM measurements in ambient or vacuum environments
- Humidity control / observations in liquid
Physical property measurements /
- Measurements of work functions in ambient or vacuum environments
- Observations of dopant distribution
- Quantitative measurements of elastic modulus
- Observations of structural changes in a vacuum
- Enabled true observations of topography and other physical properties
- Enabled quantitative measurements during sample heating and cooling
The deciding factor for introducing the AFM5300E was the environmental control
Yoshimichi Namai (Lead researcher, Ph.D. (Science) Analysis Unit, Material Properties Research Laboratory Mitsui Chemical Analysis & Consulting Service, Inc.)
The high performance you need to become an expert user.
We love being able to focus on the actual measurements.
Shingo KANEHIRA (Microwave Chemical Co., Ltd. Researcher Ph.D. (Engineering))
(AFM100 Plus):AFM, DFM, PM, FFM, SIS-shapes/properties, Q-value control
Impact stage (conductive type)
(max. 50 mm sq., thickness 20 mm)*
Observable region: Entire 100 mm (4 inches)
Stroke: Y ± 50 mm, Z ≥21 mm
Minimum Step: XY 2 μm, Z 0.04 μm
Heating and cooling*
（-120 - 300°C /RT - 800°C)
XY: ±2.5 mm
Light Lever: AFM, DFM, PM, FFM
XY: ±2.5 mm
Maximum 35 mm diam., thickness 10 mm
Maximum 50 mm corners, thickness 20 mm*
This section introduces applications (actual measurement cases) for scanning probe microscopes (SPM/AFM).
Information for product users
This section offers information aimed at customers who use our scanning probe microscopes.
For first-time users
“S.I.navi” is Hitachi Membership Site for analytical instruments users.
“S.I.navi” provides helpful information for daily analysis.